DIVE LOCAL – A Dive Industry Community Effort. The Dive Industry Foundation and the Dive News Network have agreed to partner on a campaign to promote Local Diving. The scope of the campaign focuses on Local Diving promoted by Local Ambassadors and other Professionals.
Categories for DIVE LOCAL Community Campaign include: Ambassadors, Volunteers, Sponsors, Donors, Advertisers, “Friends of the Industry” and Chapters
- Ambassador: Any person that has a vested interest in the economic development of diving as a sport, recreation, profession, career, or hobby. Ambassadors come from Dive Retail Centers, Dive Boat Operators, Scuba Instructors, Employed or Volunteer Diver, or from any Service Related Business.
- Volunteer: Divers and non-divers alike. Anyone who donates time and/or talent to the campaign to promote local diving.
- Sponsor: Businesses that specialize in diving and watersports or who benefit from the economic impact of diving and diving related businesses have the duty and responsibility to help promote the community they rely on for a living. Sponsors receive a direct benefit and promotion from their generous donations. Sponsorships start at $5,000 per year and may be tax deductible. Check with you accounting professional. At least one Sponsor is needed for every Trade Show we exhibit at.
- Donor: Any person or business entity may make a donation to the Dive Industry Foundation, in any amount. They can also specify what their donation should be spent on. The Foundation promotes local diving, conducts industry surveys, sponsors business seminars and luncheons, works with diving and diving related non-profits and has helped members of our community in times of personal need or disaster.
- Advertiser: The are plenty of advertising opportunities available through The Dive Industry Foundation and Dive News Network. Media Kits are under construction and will be available shortly.
- Friends of the Industry: Any person may become a Friend of the Industry, our partners in promoting local diving and doing good work for the industry. Annual Memberships are recognized for a donation of $25 or more.
- Region: Geographical area. Presently in the United States. Geographical Regions will be added and changed to accommodate concentration of Chapters.
- Chapter: A group of people in any geographical area, from 1 Ambassador up to 100 people. As your Chapter grows to over 100 people, you may choose to split into two Chapters for geographical reasons. For Chapters working with local Chambers of Commerce, Tourism Boards, or Economic Development Centers, staying within the city, county, state boundaries is recommended.
Summit Conferences at Dive & Adventure Travel Shows
- January 22, 2016 – World of Water – Frisco, TX – South Central Summit
- February 26, 2016 – Our World-Underwater – Rosemont, IL – Midwest Summit
- April 1, 2016 – Beneath The Sea – Secaucus, NJ – Northeast Summit
To be continued